This past Sunday was the 2015 SAG Awards. The Award Show was filled with Glamorous Celebrities, all of whom were looking quite stellar! However there was one that caught our eye. This Celebrity was Laverne Cox. The “Orange is the New Black” Star looked stunning. She wore a champagne Johanna Johnson satin gown with a Judith Leiber clutch, and Forevermark diamonds. Pulling the look together was her beautiful hairstyle fit for a queen styled by Celebrity Stylist Ursula Stephen.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ursula Stephen. Here are some quick facts about The Renowned hair expert, visionary and Celebrity Stylist.
- The go-to stylist for today’s hottest singers, actresses and notable personalities in the world
- Clients include,Rihanna, Rita Ora, Kerry Washington, Iggy Azela, K. Michelle and Mary J. Blige
- Her trendsetting creations have also graced magazine covers, music videos and billion dollar Ads to be seen around the globe
- Global Ambassador for Motions South Africa.
- Business owner of the “Ursula Stephen The Salon” located in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
So for all of you folks who were as mesmerized as we were with Laverne Cox hair we have provided the steps below so you can try to recreate this do!
How to Create “A Crown For A Queen”
- Start by spraying the entire head with Motions light working spritz.
- Using a medium barrel curling iron like the Gold N Hot 1″ Professional Ceramic Spring Iron to create loose curly waves.
- Taking medium size sections of hair- starting mid shaft wrap the hair around barrel of the iron. This will give the hair a loose curly waves
- Next, section top portion of the hair across from eye-to-eye.
- Now, you are ready to create your French braid from eye to eye as opposed to ear to ear.
- After you’ve completed the braid, secure with a small a small rubber band and pins it down with a hair pin to hold in place. Be sure to tuck the ends of the underneath the rest of the hair.
- Using a rat tail comb, lift the braid off the head to loosen the braid creating a 3D effect.
- Lastly, brush out the waves in the back of the head and tease at the root for volume.
To finish and hold in place for the night spritz once more with Motions light working spritz
You are now red carpet ready and set for the night!
For More Information on Ursula Stephen Please Visit www.ursulastephen.com